As I sit here in Sälen, Sweden waiting to usher in yet another year, it’s easy to start to think about all the things I want to change and do in 2018. But how can we expect to move forward, without reflecting what we’ve learned in the past? What have you learned in the past year?
With that in mind, here are 17 things that I learned in 2017 that will help to pave the way for the year ahead.
17 Lessons I Learned In 2017:
1. Listen to your body. Sometimes you need to take it slower.
2. Respect your elders. Their wisdom is an insight you can’t get anywhere else.
3. Step outside your comfort zone. That’s where the adventure begins.
4. Don’t have too many expectations. This can limit you from seeing all the possibilities.
5. Learn something new. You’re never too old to pick up a new skill or hobby.
6. Take pictures, but don’t get stuck behind the phone. The moment is where memories are made.
7. Moisturize. Just do it.
8. Do nothing with the ones you love. We’re always rushing to our responsibilities, but make that time to just unwind with no schedule.
9. Spend your money on good food and experiences.
10. Don’t underestimate the power of little tokens of affection. It can not only make someone’s day, but strengthen a relationship.
11. Embrace negativity. Without it, we can’t know all the positives in our lives.
12. Don't miss out on adventure by focusing on the misadventure. It’s all about your mindset.
13. We’re still, the ground moves. Know feeling centered and at home comes from within.
14. Practice self-care. What makes you happiest? Less anxious? At peace?
15. Be a tourist in your own city. Some of the best places to explore are just outside your door.
16. Be grateful, not jealous. A wealthy man has all he desires and all he desires is what he already has.
17. Listen more.